Penny for my thoughts

Savour life through the looking glass. Its definitely not as small as it seems.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Journey

The morning of 16th I was in glee
I was on my way to Alleppey
My heart was filled with joy and cheer
That day to me was the most dear
That night at 9 the train left
And at 10 we all slept
The passing hours were never known
When I woke at 7 morning was shown
to me by the open windows
I could see green fields, birds and does
The weather was calm and fine
I took that day to be mine
I thought I could enjoy in the train
But Alas! my ideas were in vain
I saw out and to my fright
We were still in TN which had to pass at night
The train though express was a slow moving one
It destroyed my eagerness and all the fun
The train stopped at every single station
But I was filled with great temptation
To know why the train was slow
I think it was slower than any crow
I was then filled with wildness and anger
I felt like beating the driver with a hanger
I thought it would take all night
But suddenly to my great delight
The train sped faster and faster
Like as if it was being chased by its master
But suddenly the speed slowed down
My face went out with a frown
Only to see a station nearing by
My heavy heart showed a sigh
I could do nothing but simply wait
I had no friend and not even a mate
My little stomach growled with hunger
My whole face showed with anger
The train was full 3 hours late
I knew it was just my fate
I waited patiently filled with frustration
And at last I reached my destination

(Written about 20 years ago on the Island Express from Bangalore to Trivandrum - one summer vacation)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links